starting strength gym

Thread: Cut out carbs?

Default Cut out carbs?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys, so I met with a guy at the gym yesterday and he told me something that made me scratch my head in confusion. Essentially what he said was if you want to get big and strong, you need to cut out carbs or restrict them in order to stave off the bodyfat you gain on a bulk. I was always told that carbs are alright, and that it was just the amount of calories you need to watch as far as a surplus goes. Don't get me wrong, I realize that it's physically impossible to cut out carbs altogether (as any food has carbs in them along with an amount of protein and fat), but what he said made me just go "huh" if that makes sense. Honestly, I felt like Curly Howard in that court room 3 stooges short where the balif is asking him if he swears to tell the truth, and he just looks at him in utter confusion.

Of course you have to cut out carbs. Fat too. Where else are you going to cut calories? This focus on carbs is a business model much like "hypertrophy" is.

Carbs are completely unnecessary.

You don't need them any more than a truck needs diesel, or a fireplace needs wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadian View Post
    Carbs are completely unnecessary.

You don't need them any more than a truck needs diesel, or a fireplace needs wood.
    We don't need oxygen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    We don't need oxygen either.
    I recently ran across a "hyper carnivore" guy claiming you don't even need water. He says he does "dry fasting" for ten days or so, and the fat metabolism works its magic by turning bodyfat into water.

What's carbs?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I recently ran across a "hyper carnivore" guy claiming you don't even need water. He says he does "dry fasting" for ten days or so, and the fat metabolism works its magic by turning bodyfat into water.
    Breatharians are still around apparently.