starting strength gym

Thread: Losing Fat, Still Progressing NLP

Default Losing Fat, Still Progressing NLP

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I need to lose weight. My doctor is yelling at me about high blood pressure, I am having difficulty falling asleep because I can't get in a comfortable position, and I am out of clothes that still fit me. I'm a 28 year old male, 30% bodyfat, and 270 lbs. I know Rip thinks I'm a twink, but surely by now I have more than enough material to facilitate strength growth.

What sort of calories/macros should I be eating to help me fit into my normal pants without tanking my performance in the gym?

Have you read my articles on the sticky? No way to have exact figures for you but I would track your intake on a smartphone app and subtract 500 calories from whatever you are maintaining on, keeping protein at 200-225 grams.

I'm a big fan of Santana's process. It helped me get off the last 20 lbs. What every you are eating now, cut 500 calories a day. Try that for two weeks. If you didn't loose, then cut more and continue to cut more till you are loosing a pound a week. Fortunately for us loosing weight we can handle the caloric deficient while continuing to train. Just follow the guild lines about protein, water and remember some carbs to get you though the tough workouts. Set up one day a week and a specific time for your measurement day. Mine is Saturday morning when I first get up. Keep a log of your weight, waist at your navel, and your chest at your nipples. If the weight is not going down, then cut some fat from your diet and lower your calorie intake. This is not complicated, it only require personal dedication to follow the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Have you read my articles on the sticky?
    I had not, I apologize.

Check them out they will give a sense of why we do shit this way and some general guidelines on where to start. I bolded those for the guy who wants to skip over the science. But really, you should not skip over the science.