• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Robert, I suppose i finished my LP at body weight 122kg. My lifts are:
    Squat:1x5 142.5kg
    Deadlift: 1x5 162.5kg
    Press:61.25x3x3
    BP:86.25kg 3x5
    Pulldowns: 107.5kg 3x3
    I am sleeping enough (8 hr per night), resting enough between sets(11 mins), calorie intake is around 3500+
    Everything feel real heavy and i also miss the back off sets on squats after the first heavy set that killing my hips and lower back.
    I am planning to move to a 4 day split eating 3400-3600 calories a day with enough protein and carbs. Is that a proper calorie intake target for that kind of training?
    I am eating like this now, because the frame i am carring is big enough and also the waist size is big I can tell. Or more calories needed for better recovery as volume added in?

Well how many calories were you eating before you leveled off. You should have been eating more than that when you were running out your LP.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Well how many calories were you eating before you leveled off. You should have been eating more than that when you were running out your LP.
    Around 2900

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Oh sorry for the double post, I was eating around 3500 cals. 2900 was when i returned from cutting to lp and scaled the calories back up.
    Again I am already 122kg bw and eating beyond 4000 cals is not adequate in this point. I ran out LP with this amound of cals and tried to hold my BW constant and not gain any pound of fat..

I'd imagine you can maintain 122 kg on 3500-4000 calories if you are in late LP grinding out every squat.