starting strength gym

Thread: Returning to training after a long hiatus

Default Returning to training after a long hiatus

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry for the long post but I'm trying to provide as much information and context as I can.

So, without going to too much detail a lot of life happened and I fell off the training wagon for about 9 months. The cliff notes, We had a big move, I got treated for ADHD/depression, and finally found a new job. Among all that my bodyweight went up to a sloppy 250lb at 6'(And I'm 36). With the time off and changing gyms I restarting my NLP. My last run at the NLP lasted 16 weeks and my numbers went,
    Squat: 135~315
    Press: 65~135
    Bench press: 135~195(had a small reset at 190 that was corrected with form, dropped back to 185 and progressed from there)
    Deadlift: 185~345
    Couldn't do power cleans because of the gym's equipment but I was doing cable chins after about 4 weeks on my Bench days.

With restarting I'm not looking to put on any weight(Half my clothes already don't fit with my weight gain) and my new job is at Lowes so I'm on my feet all day and moving almost nonstop. 10,000+ steps in an 8 hour shift isn't uncommon. I'm going onto Stan's vertical diet to cover my calorie needs.

I'm planning on starting back at my base numbers, and my first training session(At base numbers) was enough to make me a tad sore, but I was also only running at 1,900 calories with about 150g Protein, and burning(according to my apple watch) 3,400 calories a day on average.
    Now, I know the watches and scales aren't without their inaccuracies, but using the number as a baseline(and if you've seen other clients on my path), if I ramped up to about 2,500 with 240ish g/protein, being in what amounts to a perpetual state of cardio would that be enough to keep my strength going up without getting more fat? Or what advice/recommendations could you give someone in my situation without driving my bodyweight up more and my extension my waistline.

Thanks in advance!

You don't need 240 grams of protein but you do need 350 grams of carbs or possibly more with all of that activity and training. 200-220 grams should get the job done and start at 100 grams of fat then adjust from there. Shouldn't get you fat with those numbers.