starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For one week, need easy protein sources

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just had a brownie flavored One bar for the first time today. Only flavor worth it in my opinion. Was not impressed with the rest. Barebells from Trader Joe's in Cookies n Cream is the best protein bar I've had to date.

Will go by TJs to give that a try... Haven't heard of that brand before.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Just had a brownie flavored One bar for the first time today. Only flavor worth it in my opinion. Was not impressed with the rest. Barebells from Trader Joe's in Cookies n Cream is the best protein bar I've had to date.

Having whey will do me no good, unfortunately. That's why I need it easy. And at least two days, there will be very little protein (meat) served.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso Rojo View Post
    What kind of camp are you going to? I assume it's a regular sleep away kids camp which will likely have a dining hall. Go talk to the staff, make a friend and get an extra serving of the protein they serve at every meal. This plus a box of quest bars and a pound or two of whey and you are set. I think you are over thinking this.

It's a good one, came across it months back and keep them on hand at all times now

That cookie and cream bar is just something special.....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post

It really is. Best protein bar I've had to date.

Robert, did the bars give you any stomach issues? I had major gas, and while I'm not 100% sure, I'm thinking it was the bars.

Not me but some people get gas issues from sugar alcohols and artificial sweeteners.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Having whey will do me no good, unfortunately. That's why I need it easy. And at least two days, there will be very little protein (meat) served.
    So carry as much protein snacks as you can, eat well on the days that have more protein and count the two days with less as cleansing days, hahahaha. The camp experience is important to you so enjoy that experience and worry about training when you get home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12