General macro and diet advice General macro and diet advice

starting strength gym

Thread: General macro and diet advice

Default General macro and diet advice

• starting strength seminar december 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2022
    • starting strength seminar april 2022
    Hi,
    I'm 19, male, 97kg; my Press/Bench/Squat/Deadlift numbers are around 50/85/120/125kg. Don't know exactly what my BF% is, but it's probably above 20 (started off as very skinny and might have bulked too hard). What should my daily caloric intake be (I'm around 3000-4000, although I don't track it rigourously)? Given that, what should my macros be? Is it possible to cram that into 3 meals a day? Cheers

Track rigorously, establish a baseline, compare to my general recommendations in the articles and start there. Numbers aren't bad but either your deadlift is bullshit or you are squatting high.

I'm not squatting high, I posted a form check not too long ago here on the forum and it wasnt deleted. I have an issue with my knees caving in though, so I'll probably have to deload to fix that.
    I tried deadlifting with my hips high and without a 4 inch belt 2 weeks ago and I couldn't pull the numbers I previously could. I'm really paranoid about back rounding so I'm not rushing it. The deadlifts are killing me and I hate them despite being built well for them (187cm and long arms).

Is it possible to eat that much in just 3 meals though? I dont see that being an easy thing. Seems like supplementation would be necessary if you only eat three square meals.

Quote Originally Posted by wojciech View Post
    I'm not squatting high, I posted a form check not too long ago here on the forum and it wasnt deleted. I have an issue with my knees caving in though, so I'll probably have to deload to fix that.
    I tried deadlifting with my hips high and without a 4 inch belt 2 weeks ago and I couldn't pull the numbers I previously could. I'm really paranoid about back rounding so I'm not rushing it. The deadlifts are killing me and I hate them despite being built well for them (187cm and long arms).
    If you are paranoid about your back rounding then video yourself and figure out how to fix it is egregious. Wearing it out with squats and not getting it stronger is not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    Is it possible to eat that much in just 3 meals though? I dont see that being an easy thing. Seems like supplementation would be necessary if you only eat three square meals.
    I can eat 2 100g bags of rice and a pound of chicken breast in one sitting, that's about 1600kcal if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    If you are paranoid about your back rounding then video yourself and figure out how to fix it is egregious. Wearing it out with squats and not getting it stronger is not a solution.
    I followed the tips from your articles last training and deadlifts seemed easier. I'll try to keep moving forward.
    P.S what are the articles you mentioned I should read in order to assemble a diet for myself? I tried looking through your website and I couldn't find them, cheers

starting strength coach development program
    Good. Keep pushing it. I have position papers on this sub forum that have stickies. All of my articles are on my website too.