starting strength gym

Thread: Bacon question

Default Bacon question

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    How do you guys measure macros from bacon? Is it all fat that comes off when it’s on the pan? One option is to take that fat and count it in but it’s a hassle.

Why is it a hassle? A strip of bacon isn't insanely high calorie. It adds up with each strip so don't be an asshole with it and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Why is it a hassle? A strip of bacon isn't insanely high calorie. It adds up with each strip so don't be an asshole with it and you should be fine.
    There’s only nutritional values for uncooked bacon at least here in Finlando 😄 so i was wondering is it all fat that comes off. I just lost 18kg (39 lbs) and got to 9 % body fat and currently reverse-dieting week 1 so i’m overthinking things. I solved the problem by measuring everything and cooking eggs with that bacon fat. Thanks!

Well if you want to go the distance weigh it before, weight it after, calculate the percent change and math it from there.

Well if you want to go the distance weigh it before, weight it after, calculate the percent change and math it from there.
    Excellent! I’ll do exactly that. Can’t give up bacon.

No most certainly not.

What about water loss though? I feel like a much more precise way would be to collect the bacon fat and weigh it. Otherwise you will underestimate the fat content of the prepared bacon by quite a bit and it could add up, depending on your daily bacon consumption.

starting strength coach development program
    Then you should do it that way. Consistency is more important than precision.