starting strength gym

Thread: High density clean carbs?

Default High density clean carbs?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’m 5’11”, 280 lbs, a month in on novice progression and following advice from the “feed the beast” article for the fluffy novice measured. Goal is body re-composition. The problem is that when I switched to clean eating it’s hard to fit enough carbs to meet my targets in my stomach. I don’t have good executive functioning and only seen to do well with plug and play foods. I’m using oats mostly but are there other sources (saltines, breads) you can think of that won’t make me throw up?

Have you included rice and fruit?

Also,
    -butter-less potatoes
    -egg bagels
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I have not. Fruit is definitely viable and I guess I could prepare rice for the week and dip in as needed. Thank you for taking the time to respond to such a basic question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipon621 View Post
    I have not. Fruit is definitely viable and I guess I could prepare rice for the week and dip in as needed. Thank you for taking the time to respond to such a basic question.
    I make 3 Success brand boil in bag rice, family style bags at the beginning of each week and just add to lunch and dinner with spray butter everyday. If it gets old, I’ll add some salsa or even Italian dressing in. Also, if you can stomach pasta make some angel hair for the week as well and alternate that with the rice. Robert had me at 300 carbs a few months ago and now up to 500- it’s a challenge getting it all in initially but you adapt pretty quickly. Also bananas and apples are good sources, easy to eat, and with a fiber bonus.

You are welcome. Instant mashed potatoes are another favorite. Cereal, oats, beans too. What is the major challenge here?

I’m 5’11”, 280 lbs, a month in on novice progression and following advice from the “feed the beast” article for the fluffy novice measured. Goal is body re-composition. The problem is that when I switched to clean eating it’s hard to fit enough carbs to meet my targets in my stomach. I don’t have good executive functioning and only seen to do well with plug and play foods. I’m using oats mostly but are there other sources (saltines, breads) you can think of that won’t make me throw up?

Bananas, rice, corn and oatmeal.

I eat a bagel loaded with strawberry jelly for breakfast and Wheaties with skim Fairlife milk for second breakfast.

starting strength coach development program
    Those English Crumpets from Trader Joe's are my favorite with jam.