starting strength gym

Thread: Malabsorption

Default Malabsorption

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Robert,

I've enjoyed listening to you on SS Radio and your own podcast. Thank you for all the information you provide.

I recently had a qualitative fecal fat analysis performed, and the results suggest an impaired absorption of nutrients (increase in split fats; neutral fats are normal). I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist in January(!) which I hope will eventually lead to a root cause determination and a solution. In the meantime, I was wondering if you've had experience coaching clients with malabsorption issues, and if you have, what diet advice and/or suggestions you might have given.

My NLP log is here: https://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/showthread.php?t=92570

Thanks!
    Ryan

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know what the final diagnosis is and I am happy to help. As a general rule if there are obvious foods that cause symptoms then stay away from them. It sounds like you need to avoid free fatty acids and get your fats from whole foods such as fish oil, seeds, nuts, etc.

Thanks Robert. I look forward to getting a final diagnosis and I'll definitely share. In the meantime, my doctor has suggested taking Metamucil 2-3 times a day, or Imodium. I have tried isolating foods such as dairy and gluten, but the results aren't very clear. I still have symptoms of varying degree.