starting strength gym

Thread: Fat Teen Calories

Default Fat Teen Calories

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Personal Info: Male, 18 Years Old, Currently weigh 305 pounds (37% BF)

Firstly, I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! Im writing this post with regards to my caloric intake, especially as a fat 18 year old teen. After taking a good look at myself after thanksgiving dinner, and having thought to myself, "Damn i'm fat", I have decided to start taking my diet seriously and try to drop BF. I'm currently still in my novice progession, and my lifts are listed here:

Squat - 435#
    Deadlift - 450#
    Bench - 225#
    Press - 185#

So my question is: What would be a caloric intake that would allow me to drag out NLP, while still leaning down. I have read both "To be a beast" and "A Clarification" to help answer some more bqsic questions. Currently, I have my caloric intake set at 3000 kcal, with 300C/263P/83F. However, I feel as if this is a bit high, considering I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle (College Student), and already have extremely high body fat. Any tips or recommendations is highly appreciated. Thanks once again!

Keep your step count around 10k or more per day and you'll be fine. 3000 calories is not high for someone in your position. Eating 3000 calories during the week and 6000 calories on the weekend is where most people run into problems and arrive at the odd conclusion that they need to eat 1500 calories to lose weight. You need to deadlift more btw but I suspect the abdominal fat is an issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Keep your step count around 10k or more per day and you'll be fine. 3000 calories is not high for someone in your position. Eating 3000 calories during the week and 6000 calories on the weekend is where most people run into problems and arrive at the odd conclusion that they need to eat 1500 calories to lose weight. You need to deadlift more btw but I suspect the abdominal fat is an issue there.
    I’ll definitely be sure to hit my step goal daily. As for the calories, should I bump it up then? I would like to reach a medium where LP is still progressing nicely, but im shedding the fat as well. Deadlifts are also starting to become more difficult, but its still continuing to go up, which is lovely.

Btw, I forgot to mention my height, which happens to be 6’3

I'd aim to get 3k 7 days per week. Eventually your LP will fall off a cliff then you have to tread water until you get the necessary amount of weight off.