starting strength gym

Thread: Nutrition Advise

Default Nutrition Advise

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey, Santana!

I am looking for a recommendation for nutrient intake.

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205
    Waist: 37 inches

Training time: 18 months

Dead-lift: 365x5
    Squat: 305x5
    Bench: 220x5

Goals: I am trying to get as big and strong as possible without my waist going past 37-38 inches.

Note: My blood pressure started getting high when I was around 40 inches.

Press and chins? How much are you currently eating?

Best recent press was 150x2
    Chins are stuck around 5

I just hit 260 on bench monday.
    And I am about to hit 425 on deadlift tonight

I do not count calories. I track my weight daily and know if I am losing or gaining. I tried to stay at 205 for about three months after coming down from 230. But progress was very slow, so I decided to eat more. I have been hitting PRs the last few weeks but the belly is creeping back.

I just do not know if the weight-loss/weight-gain cycles are the only way to go about this. Is it possible to find a ideal weight and work there for awhile? Or should I go down to a lower weight to make room for a longer, more productive training cycle?

Thanks for your time. Your the man.

Also I am 29

If you are serious about getting stronger you have to track protein and carbohydrates at least until you get used to knowing how much food that equates to.

I do roughly estimate my protein. I eat between 180-220 grams a day. That being said, I will go ahead and track everything for a while and see where things fall in relation to the weight gain. I understand your point here.

But this still leaves me wondering what the best approach to this would be, as stated earlier in my last post. Should I keep gaining slow and steady until my waist hits the “no-no” point, then switch to a weight loss phase? Or am I missing something key in this equation?

Keep your fat macro under control and keep the carb and protein macros high and you should not have a waistline greater than 40"

starting strength coach development program
    I do eat a lot of fat. I fry food at home and put butter on everything on a very frequent basis. I will give low fat a try.

Could you do a podcast on long term nutritional strategies for lifters: say - starting from under weight male to 5 years later? And the common mistakes that are made?

No reply needed.

Thanks for your time!