starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seasoning/flavoring monster mash

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Add chickpeas. Add some bacon. Big +1 to indian spices and tomatoes (or paste).

One I've heard but not tried yet: use the broth in your rice cooker to cook the rice and potatoes first, then ad it after as normal. Theory being it's the same flavour your used to but more intensified.

I don‘t have a rice cooker, so I cook my rice in broth with some Thai Massaman curry paste & chilies and add veggies/meat at the end.

The curry paste adds a lots of flavor and next to no extra calories.
    (Get one without oil in it)

Y’all go for the 85:15 or the 90:10 ground in your mash?

I got 93:7 or 96:4

Default Simple MonMash Spice up

Quote Originally Posted by tompaynter View Post
    When I want to cook something easy, I make a version of monster mash: steam rice and sweet potatoes together in rice cooker, fry some grass-fed ground beef, mix together with bone broth. I usually season it with garlic and mild chili powder. Anyone have any suggestions for alternative seasonings or other ways to make this tasty (and have some variety)? Maybe add onions?

My go to recipe and a very simple way to spice up the monster mash is dice up an onion and maybe garlic and possibly bell pepper or jalapeño like Santana said and sautéed that with the ground beef, steak, venison, whatever your using, then throw in your rice and broth, then in the soupy slurry just throw in a can or two of some store bought summer sauce. It’s already got all the flavors ready to go!

starting strength coach development program
    I like to add a little bit of quality Salsa so my monster mash. Adds some saltiness and extra flavor without any sugar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12