• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    5’6 ~200Lbs

405 squat
    260 bench
    180 press
    400 deadlift

I started NLP at 135 body weight. Got up to 200 in about 8 months. Very happy, very confident with how I look. Up until recently I was eating between 3700-4000 calories a day following the vertical diet.

I’m at a point where I don’t have any problem continuing to gain body weight, but I don’t want to take quite such an aggressive approach to putting on mass. I have ground level knowledge of nutrition, and my issue is that I’m not sure how to structure my diet since I’m not eating “everything in arms reach”.

My goal is to continue adding weight to the bar such that I can meet the Strength Standards for each lift. I’ve done a BMR calculation online, which suggests my daily burn is 1800 calories a day. I multiplied this by 1.5 (somewhat physical job) and then added 500 calories to reach 3200 calories daily- seems reasonable.

As an intermediate lifter, who wants to keep getting stronger, who is OKAY with progress slowing a little to skew towards gaining mostly lean tissue, am I forgetting to cover any of my bases?

What is going on with your deadlift?

Are you currently still gaining weight?