starting strength gym

Thread: Rice+Green Peas=Meat protein?

Default Rice+Green Peas=Meat protein?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi. Until now I was taking the protein form animal sources, but the hiperinflation here is killing us and the meat (all types of meat) is like gold now. Vegans say that mixing rice and some vegetables you can get "complete proteines". Mixing the rice with the green peas is something equivalent to the meat? I`ve consulted to some nutritionists on the internet but they never give clear answer, they just wanna you to go to their clinics. Maybe here an expert can to clear this doubt.

Thanks !

You'd have to look at the limiting amino acid. Nether peas or rice have very much protein. Beans and forbidden black rice is a better option. Peas are very low though so not sure how that can equate to meat. I gave some examples in my Protein article though.

I don't know where Southern Lifter is located but this may be a good reason to take up hunting or fishing. Or find someone who does. I have provided a deer for someone who likes venison but does not hunt. I realize in some countries this isn't possible. If Southern means Southern US then I'm positive you could find a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    You'd have to look at the limiting amino acid. Nether peas or rice have very much protein. Beans and forbidden black rice is a better option. Peas are very low though so not sure how that can equate to meat. I gave some examples in my Protein article though.
    Hi Robert. Thanks for answering. Now I understand how to make the dishes. But what about the bioavailability? Is it still comparable to the meat? Maybe now I could be getting less protein and I donīt wanna see my NLP stop.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Hi. Until now I was taking the protein form animal sources, but the hiperinflation here is killing us and the meat (all types of meat) is like gold now. Vegans say that mixing rice and some vegetables you can get "complete proteines". Mixing the rice with the green peas is something equivalent to the meat? I`ve consulted to some nutritionists on the internet but they never give clear answer, they just wanna you to go to their clinics. Maybe here an expert can to clear this doubt.

Thanks !
    Shop sales, buy meat in bulk when you find it for cheap, and freeze what you're not going to cook for the week. You should still be able to find boneless/skinless chicken thighs for around $3/pound and some cheaper cuts of beef for $5-6/pound. Large cuts of pork are always on sale somewhere for $2-3/pound. I wind up having to check ads and go to one of four grocery stores for my protein each week or two but it saves a lot in the long run. Where are you?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Hi Robert. Thanks for answering. Now I understand how to make the dishes. But what about the bioavailability? Is it still comparable to the meat? Maybe now I could be getting less protein and I don't wanna see my NLP stop.
    It's not comparable to meat because meat typically contains more. If you eat enough you can match the amount of amino acid but you'll likely need to eat a large volume of food to do that and I'm not sure that it will be sustainable or advantageous. If you are motivated enough to try give it a shot. Like I said, look up the limiting amino acid in the foods you want to eat and compare to meat. Then try to match those numbers. No different than counting macros.