starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrecked by deadlifts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Do you have some kind of repulsion towards normal meat? Like, steak, pork chops, anything which is not shredded poached chicken breast?

Hey Robert, I just wanted to say thanks for going back and forth on this with me. I appreciate your time and your input. I've backed way off to focus on recovery and getting my head straight this week since everything was starting to hurt, but I'll up the intake and make sure it's consistent, and see if that makes a difference.

One more question, if you don't mind:
    Do you think some of the challenge (at least with missing reps, if not recovery) may come from the fact that I lift first thing in the morning, without enough time to digest my pre-workout meal? I generally eat protein powder (30g) in water, some oats (75g), a banana, and a double-shot of espresso and then immediately hit it. Would I be better off with a faster-digesting carb source since I can't reasonably change workout timing, and do you have advice on what/how much to try? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Do you have some kind of repulsion towards normal meat? Like, steak, pork chops, anything which is not shredded poached chicken breast?
    Oh, I eat plenty of beef and bison, some salmon and shrimp, lots of eggs, and occasionally other meats as well. I just made a huge batch of chicken that particular week, so I was working my way through it!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by stads View Post
    Hey Robert, I just wanted to say thanks for going back and forth on this with me. I appreciate your time and your input. I've backed way off to focus on recovery and getting my head straight this week since everything was starting to hurt, but I'll up the intake and make sure it's consistent, and see if that makes a difference.

One more question, if you don't mind:
    Do you think some of the challenge (at least with missing reps, if not recovery) may come from the fact that I lift first thing in the morning, without enough time to digest my pre-workout meal? I generally eat protein powder (30g) in water, some oats (75g), a banana, and a double-shot of espresso and then immediately hit it. Would I be better off with a faster-digesting carb source since I can't reasonably change workout timing, and do you have advice on what/how much to try? Thanks again.
    You are very welcome. I used to get dizzy to the point of blackout on my presses when I trained in the mornings. I never fixed it I just ended up on an evening schedule when I opened the gym. If I had to do it now, I'd probably carb and electrolyte load before bed AND in the morning. Oats digest too slow too. Fine for a pre workout meal but you'll want a carb + electrolyte load during to get a bigger boost in glucose levels and hydrate quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12