• starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi

Stats first

Age 33
    Weight 98kg
    BF likely 28-30%
    Screenshot-20220720-190533-Instagram — ImgBB Current physique
    Height 6ft
    Training:7 years Started NLP last week after about 3 years of "HYPERTROPHY" training
    Current cals 3100
    Protein:216
    Fats:87
    carbs:373
    Steps 10k+ on training days
    8k on non training days

Squat (safety bar squat) 143kg 3x5
    Press 50.5kg 3x5
    Bench 95kg 3x5
    Deadlift 165.5kg 1x5

Now I have tried in the past to do regular bar squats with stretching, mobility etc and this resulted in weeks of being kept up in agony with severe shoulder pain lying in bed hence why I do SSB, I also have the issue of not being able to get into anything close to resembling front rack position which means no power cleans.

My question

At what weight would I be concerned about my health given things start to go to shit, I would like big and strong not obese, looking at pics do I need to be thinking of cutting? Now I don't give a f$%k about my abs being visible but still don't want to start developing issues due to high body fat levels.

So should I think about losing a few kgs? Or keep trying to gain weight and getting the numbers up. The leanest I've ever been was 75kg after dropping from 110kg back in 2017, I know I start feeling like shit close to 85kg as I cut down to it last year.

Thanks

Are you eating those macros 7 days per week or are you eating more than that on weekends?

I have been eating those macros 7 days a week, for the past 4 weeks, before this, I wasn't tracking

I wouldn't go past 100 kg at this stage given the numbers you are at. I would focus on getting stronger and not cutting. Your body should start to see changes as the weight on the bar continues to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I wouldn't go past 100 kg at this stage given the numbers you are at. I would focus on getting stronger and not cutting. Your body should start to see changes as the weight on the bar continues to increase.
    Thank you Rob I really appreciate you giving me your time

starting strength coach development program
    You are very welcome. Always happy to help.