starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Diet] The Highest Protein Options at every fast food chain

Default [Diet] The Highest Protein Options at every fast food chain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    ***Mods please let me know if link posts are OK. I will take this down if not

Hey everybody - so I was keeping a running list of high protein items at the chains I was going to for lunch everyday (office job downtown, I was having trouble maintaining my macros because so busy)

Around the beginning of this year I was learning to make websites and thought this would be a great idea for one. After a lot of data gathering here it is:

Healthy Fast Food
    You can filter by allergens, and sort and see which items have the highest Protein per calorie, etc

US-only restaurants for now.

I hope it can be useful to others as well Any feedback is greatly appreciated

I'm okay with this one. It's necessary and i'll definitely share it.

Quote Originally Posted by intermediatelifts9 View Post
    ***Mods please let me know if link posts are OK. I will take this down if not

Hey everybody - so I was keeping a running list of high protein items at the chains I was going to for lunch everyday (office job downtown, I was having trouble maintaining my macros because so busy)

Around the beginning of this year I was learning to make websites and thought this would be a great idea for one. After a lot of data gathering here it is:

Healthy Fast Food
    You can filter by allergens, and sort and see which items have the highest Protein per calorie, etc

US-only restaurants for now.

I hope it can be useful to others as well Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    Thank you very much for doing this. The work is excellent both in terms of the data gathering and the presentation. The salads at Wendy's are much better than I would have guessed (from a nutrition perspective)

Fast food restaurants pale in comparison to fine dining when it comes to calorie content. That's why I laugh at the "fast food kills" propaganda. Not that I am a fierce promoter of fast food but that there are far higher calorie items in the commercial market than what is offered by fast food restaurants.

Some great info for when your on the road. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Fast food restaurants pale in comparison to fine dining when it comes to calorie content. That's why I laugh at the "fast food kills" propaganda. Not that I am a fierce promoter of fast food but that there are far higher calorie items in the commercial market than what is offered by fast food restaurants.
    We used to put about 2 pounds of margarine per gallon (slightly more) sized pot of ragu bolognese. When you make lasagna out of this, the fast food chains would struggle to put out a whole menu that could compare.

Sounds about right. Probably tasted amazing too.

One of the things Bourdain talked about in Kitchen Confidential was one of the the primary reasons restaurant food and the food you made at home tasted different was butter and lots of it.

Even better if you use butter. Margarine was the commercial replacement of course. You had the podcast episode with the chef. I can only confirm everything said there based on my commercial kitchen experience.

starting strength coach development program
    Our episode with Drea covered that. If you are concerned with calories at a restaurant you are better off drinking because they definitely measure that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast