starting strength gym

Thread: Losing Weight for a higher jump

Default Losing Weight for a higher jump

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Volleyball season is about to start, my weight pre-season has gone up from 72-84kg. All my lifts have gone up and am feeling very strong. The only problem is that I've lost a bit up from my jump because of the weight gain. I am 175cm weighing in at 84kg. Will my body adjust to this weight and my jump will return back to normal or should I go down in weight and maintain the strength (which I'm assuming I'll jump higher because my legs are now stronger and I'll be at a lighter body weight)?

Thanks for your time!

How long have you been practicing again?

I'm very new to volleyball, have been consistently practicing this past month. As for the SS method, I've been doing that for about a year now. Am squatting 162.5kg for a double, deadlifting 180 for a triple, benching 121 for a triple, and OHP 81kg for singles. Prior to my weight gain my SVJ was 76cm, now it its currently 73.5cm

Pretty good numbers. Keep practicing and the jumping will come back. That jump difference could be in the margin of error I wouldn't worry about it. Just practice and keep training.

Will it really? nice! I always thought that bodyweight would impact a good jump..

starting strength coach development program
    I thought so too. Mine was the same at 200 lb as it was at 165 lb. Literally gained no height from losing weight.