starting strength gym

Thread: Diet Strategy for Highland Games weight class.

Default Diet Strategy for Highland Games weight class.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, my question would be how to best facilitate my overall goal I am trying to reach by March 2023. My goal is this, I want to train and eat properly for the upcoming Highland games in my area (March 3rd 2023) and be at a specific weight and body fat percentage by that time. I currently weigh 228lbs at 21-22% body fat according to the Navy body fat Method, 36 years old, my height is 6ft, my current lifts are Bench:300lbs Squat:355 Dead lift:400 Press:190. For my goal, I want to be at 15%body fat at around 210lbs, while also maintaining or improving my overall strength. My problem is that I cannot decide on a diet method to get me to that point. I have basically 3 months to achieve my goal, would eating at or 500 below maintenance level calories plus adding conditioning be enough? Or do I need to go for a more drastic approach, with something like RFL? I have experience with Ketogenic diets, RFL and also Intermediate fasting (Lean Gains). Any advice on what I should do to achieve this?

P.S.
    Thank you for the great wealth of information that you provide to the strength community.

I would start by reducing 500 calories, mostly from fat, and going from there. Still gotta perform so wanna spare the carbs as long as you can. 3 months is cutting it close so you'll have to play it by ear in terms of pushing through to get to 210 in that time frame.