starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength with lifting history

Default Starting Strength with lifting history

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Stats: 31M, 5ft9, 200 lbs. Chest 44-44.5". Waist 35.5-36". Hips 40.5-41". Wrist 7". Ankles 10". About 74" wingspan and longer legs than torso. Approx BF% 18-20 (I hold more weight in limbs rather than torso, so could be overestimating).
    3 weeks into the program: Deadlift 350x3 (external factors caused failure that day I think - did 340x5 pretty easily two workouts before), SQ 235x5, Bench 170x5, Press 115x5.
    I would estimate current 1RM without belt: Deadlift 400, Squat 300, Bench 200, Press 130. I've had a bit higher numbers in the past 6 years, but that's about it for today.

I would like some input on my diet strategy. Am I doing this right, eating too much or too little?
    I have been feeling extremely hungry every since I started the program and consuming at least 4000 calories everyday; more on weekend (craft beer and chips). I never feel too full.
    I base my eating on comfort and schedule. I only cook a full meal at the end of the day.
    I have included an overview of a basic day of eating through cronometer. Do not mind the macro targets that have been set as I only use the app to visualize my diet and make sure I try to hit all micronutrients. I probably do one log every 1-2 month.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 113132.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-09 114802.jpg

I can't see anything on that image but it looks like more data than necessary for a board post. What are your total calories, macros, and fiber?

The fact that none of these loads are PRs tell us nothing about the effectiveness of your diet at this juncture. Once you start getting into limit weights or approaching them, that's when diet will start to matter more since you are not a true rank novice.

Hey Robert, appreciate the quick reply.

Yeah, these screen captures turned out much smaller than I wanted.

Around 4k calories. 400g carb from which 40-50g are from fiber. Around 170g fat and 210g protein.

I've had increased hunger ever since squatting three times a week. I had been aiming for around 3-3.2k for most of my lifting history, so north of 4k is relatively unknown territory, but this is what I felt was needed in the past weeks.

Add dark craft beer to that during the weekend

Are you gaining weight on this?

Most likely. I am not in the habit of weighing myself often, but recovery seems on point. My waist hasn't grown much but my chest circumference has gained at least 1-1.5 inch in the last 3-4 weeks (coming from caloric deficit/maintenance for 6 months).
    I am curious if my current caloric/macro consumption falls into the population you associate my stats with, from your experience.

starting strength coach development program
    Based on your metrics, progression, and lack of measurable fat gain in the common regions, I'd say that what you are doing is currently working for you. Once you approach brand new PRs that may change.