starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost 140 lbs fasting, ruined my metabolism

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As am I. Keep doing that. You have more in the tank and more strength will = more improvements in body composition.

Hi, I just wanted to check in real quick.

I'm about to finish my 10th week on the program at SS Plano. I haven't missed a workout.

I'm up 5 lbs on the scale, down 1 inch in the waist, up 1.5 inches in the booty (in a good way).

I'm eating about 2k kcal/day, protein usually 160-200g, carbs same-ish, fat usually ends up under 60g.

Some days I am ravenously hungry, some not. I've had a couple of near-binge episodes, but nothing like I used to, and I am much more consistent and steady overall than I was before changing from a deficit/weight loss perspective to muscle gain/recomp. I allow myself a lot more food I used to consider "bad" on a regular, moderated basis, so I no longer plan my life around my next "cheat meal." It's not even a thing anymore.

I can honestly say that despite being up almost 50 lbs. from my lowest weight last summer, I feel better about my body now. Everything is tighter, rounder, and higher.

My coach just had me deload 10 lbs and reset for the big lifts. Kind of a bummer but it was inevitable. I'm now on a more intermediate program for the deadlift and squat. My squat PR'd at 175 last Friday, deadlift 210 and bench 85 on Monday. I'm struggling with the press so he has me doing 1.5, but my PR for that last week was 67.5.

I've truly fallen in love with the barbell and won't ever quit unless I'm forced to. It's weird how your perspective changes. My weight on the scale means a lot less to me now than the weight on the bar.

It is really difficult to talk female nutrition clients into doing this. So far I have gotten one into a SS gym. She started today. I have a male client (sort of) doing the program who has gained 12 lbs., lost inches, and looks like a different person in 8 weeks. But the ladies are terrified of the #gainzzz.

Thanks for your guidance and for helping us on this board. Very useful.

You are very welcome. Glad to hear this. Make sure to leave them a review at Starting Strength Coaching Directory

Will do. Thank you.

starting strength coach development program
    You are welcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12