starting strength gym

Thread: Rice weight in Europe

Default Rice weight in Europe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I have recently begun reading Stan Efferding's Vertical Diet book.
    So far, I confirm he does a great job breaking everything down in any easy way - using the US measurement system - but I have been using the European metric system for so long that it gets confusing from time to time.

Two questions I have:
    In some of his sample daily meal plans it says 1 cup of rice, which would be about 200 kcal. Does he mean 1 cup of uncooked rice or 1 cup of already cooked rice?
    If the latter, then how much dry rice would I need to cook to achieve 1 cup of cooked rice?

And since the Uncle Ben's rice over here says nothing about cups, ounces etc. - how much would this (the answer from above) be in grams or liters?

Thanks!

I believe he means 1 cup of cooked. I would use the same measurements regardless of the brand. The margin of error between brands is marginal.

You can always just buy a cup measure.

I use minute rice. 50 grams of dry rice with 8 oz (1 cup) chicken bone broth makes 150 grams cooked rice (which I treat as 1 cup or 1 serving). I usually cook 200 grams dry with 16 oz (2 cups) chicken bone broth and it makes 4 - 150 gram servings.