starting strength gym

Thread: Macros and weight gain advice

Default Macros and weight gain advice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Do these macro numbers look about right? Want to make sure I'm where I need to be before I get too far along. I'm on week 2 of the NLP and have gained maybe maybe 2 pounds depending on when I weigh myself. Started my lift weights a little low to hopefully prevent an early stall and am looking to increase DL 10# per workout and the rest 5# per workout.

Male
    43 years old
    5'-9"
    172 lbs
    17-20% BF just by comparing myself to pictures on the web, haven't actually done a legit test

SQ 5X3 205
    DL 1X5 235
    BN 5X3 155
    PRS 5X3 105

CALORIES 2839
    CARB 332
    PROTEIN 205
    FAT 79
    TRANS/SAT FAT 28.3

These are my base numbers eating the smallest calorie dinner we regularly eat. Most days, all the macros will be a little higher except the protein. The protein number is pretty steady. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Get those carbs up to 400 and the fat up to 90 g. You'll need some more food than that as the squat and deadlift go up. Speaking of which, how big are your jumps on the deadlift? Looks like you've been timid with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Get those carbs up to 400 and the fat up to 90 g. You'll need some more food than that as the squat and deadlift go up. Speaking of which, how big are your jumps on the deadlift? Looks like you've been timid with that.
    I’m bumping up 10# each workout on DL(3x per week). I have been timid, I don’t want to prematurely plateau. Should I take bigger bites?

I'd take a couple. Unless your squats are high. Then that would explain the narrow gap.