starting strength gym

Thread: Eating for progression. Bodyweight question

Default Eating for progression. Bodyweight question

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Hi Robert

Big fan of the podcast. Great content and very informative.

To the point. 39m, 5'10", currently 210lbs, waist around 38".
    After losing 44lbs earlier this year (after NLP and HLM most of last year) and maintaining numbers on the bar, I now want to get after a 220lb press, 300lb bench, 450lb squat and 550lb deadlift for at least a single. I don't track calories anymore (after some serious work on disordered eating and the mindset behind it) and am generally eating a lot of protein and carbs with an eye on keeping fats moderate. I can safely say I'm eating at least 200g protein daily from lean red meat, chicken and eggs mostly, and carbs sources are rice, tortilla wraps, and potatoes for the most part. Probably averaging somewhere in the region of around 3000-3500, possibly 4000 cals (pure guesstimate based on rough maths of known macros) Lifts are progressing, weight is going up, but without fat gain going crazy so far, so i guess I'm in the right ballpark

Question is, what would be a realistic ballpark bodyweight for my height to get to those goals (and beyond after that) without getting too crazy on the fat gain? I'm going to run the NLP again for however long that lasts and then go from there.

Current lifts (for 5s, except press which has been at 3s) recently tested 1rm listed too
    Deadlift: 200kg (227.5kg)
    Squat: 145kg (180kg)
    Bench: 107.5kg (120kg)
    Press: 67.5kg (77.5kg)

Thanks man

You should have no issue getting there at your current height and weight and the stronger you get the less fat you will look. Glad you like the podcast and hope you are learning a thing or two.