starting strength gym

Thread: Dietary Fiber

Default Dietary Fiber

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Jordan,

I typically count my calories and protein macros and just don't have enough gumption to count fats and carbs. Given my food choices, I'm certain I don't ingest enough dietary fiber. I am now making attempts to branch out and consume more fiber but I was wondering if there is any effect on metabolism or more largely body composition from not enough dietary fiber.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silachoo View Post
    Jordan,

I typically count my calories and protein macros and just don't have enough gumption to count fats and carbs. Given my food choices, I'm certain I don't ingest enough dietary fiber. I am now making attempts to branch out and consume more fiber but I was wondering if there is any effect on metabolism or more largely body composition from not enough dietary fiber.

Thanks.
    What do you mean by metabolism?

The rate at which I utilize calories for the purpose of building muscle/recovery as opposed to storing fat? I don't really have a mechanism that I could hypothesize where dietary fiber would impact metabolism but outside of knowing how to count macros and that protein is good, I know very little about nutrition. A more succinct question:

- Do you think that my lack of dietary fiber directly impacts my body composition?
    - Is there a purpose for dietary fiber in the body outside of facilitating proper digestion?

Not directly- there's no mechanism for that.

Dietary fiber is very thermogenic, satiating, and associated with a myriad of good health outcomes. Don't skip your fiber.

If I may, one LAST follow up question. Again, my nutrition knowledge is pretty limited. When you say dietary fiber is very thermogenic. What does that mean? Thanks again for all your hard work and free advice.

If I may, one LAST follow up question. Again, my nutrition knowledge is pretty limited. When you say dietary fiber is very thermogenic. What does that mean? Thanks again for all your hard work and free advice.
    It uses a lot of energy to create heat.

starting strength coach development program
    It uses a lot of energy to create heat.