starting strength gym

Thread: You eat one little Fat and everyone loses their minds!!!

Default You eat one little Fat and everyone loses their minds!!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I ready Bret McCays Art of Manliness post on raising Testosterone naturally. And I thought I would give it a try. Breakfast 4 eggs and 4 slices of Bacon with coffee and a fruit. Lunch 50/50 spring mix of Spinach and other lettuce with Avocados, olive oil, Walnuts and Thousand island for taste with a 4-6oz chuck steak. Dinner is whatever home cooked meal the wife makes. I do take Whey Protein and creatine after SS training. So that's what I'm doing. Now couple of my friends and including my doctor when I told them about this are losing their minds saying that's way to much fat in my diet. My doc says I need to go to Fat free bacon and Fat free this other bullshit. I mean most of my food is single ingredients. What say you? Now mind you I'm 40 5'8 and I weight 200 pds. I do not give a shit about cut abs or looking lean. Performance has always been goal number one.

Magni

There is unique response by each individual to dietary fat intake and depending how you respond to it, it may be advisable to cut down your dietary fat intake, particularly from saturated sources. A lipid panel, waist to hip ratio, and other medical history may be useful..

Finally, eating like you're eating won't raise testosterone in any meaningful way unless it co occurs with changes in your life that decrease body fat, improve mood, or increase physical activity.

Thank you for the response Jordan. I went to a T center and had blood work done. Found out that I'm at 170 and free is 2. I would like to change this as well as maintain strength and performance. I realize I need to get some fat off for long term health. You got any resources you can point me too?

Quote Originally Posted by Magni Bronzebeard View Post
    Thank you for the response Jordan. I went to a T center and had blood work done. Found out that I'm at 170 and free is 2. I would like to change this as well as maintain strength and performance. I realize I need to get some fat off for long term health. You got any resources you can point me too?
    I'd get a second free and total test first thing in the AM, then determine management. Losing body fat can certainly help- even reverse this completely, but you may also be a candidate for TRT.

So I ready Bret McCays Art of Manliness post on raising Testosterone naturally. And I thought I would give it a try. Breakfast 4 eggs and 4 slices of Bacon with coffee and a fruit. Lunch 50/50 spring mix of Spinach and other lettuce with Avocados, olive oil, Walnuts and Thousand island for taste with a 4-6oz chuck steak. Dinner is whatever home cooked meal the wife makes. I do take Whey Protein and creatine after SS training. So that's what I'm doing. Now couple of my friends and including my doctor when I told them about this are losing their minds saying that's way to much fat in my diet. My doc says I need to go to Fat free bacon and Fat free this other bullshit. I mean most of my food is single ingredients. What say you? Now mind you I'm 40 5'8 and I weight 200 pds. I do not give a shit about cut abs or looking lean. Performance has always been goal number one.

Magni
    I read that Art of Manliness thing.
    Test levels can fluctuate quite a bit due to a lot of different factors (from what I've read elsewhere).
    Brett only had a few data points (test results).

Fat free bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Ivey View Post
    While not entirely fat free, centre cut bacon is delicious and has less fat.

starting strength coach development program
    My doc says I need to go to Fat free bacon and Fat free this other bullshit.
    One, this is why I don't talk to other people about nutrition...ever. I've dabbled with Lean Gains and Paleo at different points of my life, and both times I kept it to myself and let the results speak.

Two, while I tend to fall into the "saturated fat isn't unhealthy for you in moderation" camp, Jordan's right in that if you're going to follow a more high-fat, low-carb style diet, you should have blood work done before, during, and after to assess how your body is responding to it.