starting strength gym

Thread: Adipowers or Romaloes? (Or other)

Default Adipowers or Romaloes? (Or other)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

Instagram Lives are awesome, thanks for doing them.

Question about weightlifting shoes. I've been using the red 0.5" do-wins for about 3 years (they're in bad shape), and I was thinking of upgrading to the black Adipowers, or the black Romaloes 3. I assume going back to the 0.75" heel from 0.5" will be a bit of an adjustment, but what would be your recommendation? Or would you suggest something completely different?

If it matters...

Male 243lbs, 32
    Sq: 490
    BP: 280
    Press: 230
    DL: 515

Thanks,

If you don't have wide feet, I'd get the power perfect 2's from Adidas. If you do have wide feet, I'd get the Adipowers or Romaleos 2's (not 3's for the wideness).

Thanks, found them on Amazon it looks like they're shipping from overseas for like $118. Did Adidas discontinue them? I didn't see them on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Loucas View Post
    Thanks, found them on Amazon it looks like they're shipping from overseas for like $118. Did Adidas discontinue them? I didn't see them on their website.
    I'm not sure.

Don't forget the Rogue Do Wins are really great lifting shoes. How beat up are they? A trip to the cobbler may be worth it to get some more mileage out of them. I just had mine fixed up two weeks ago.
    Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Don't forget the Rogue Do Wins are really great lifting shoes. How beat up are they? A trip to the cobbler may be worth it to get some more mileage out of them. I just had mine fixed up two weeks ago.
    Just a suggestion.
    I actually disagree due to the materials used. I would not recommend Rogue branded Do-Wins or Do-Wins at all. That said, YMMV

Yeah 2 of the eyelets on each shoe are basically barely hanging on by a thread, probably beyond repair. This is my second pair, same thing happened with my first pair. Definitely not buying do wins again.

Regardless of the quality of the Adidas Power Perfect IIs, the first thing I'm going to do is take them to a cobbler to have metal eyelets put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I actually disagree due to the materials used. I would not recommend Rogue branded Do-Wins or Do-Wins at all. That said, YMMV
    Why is that?

I have an old school pair of the Rogue Do-Wins from circa 2008 that I replaced with the new ones. To me they feel squishy-er than the old ones. But they do have a better heel cup. I'm not sure I like them. I have a wide foot and that's why I went with the Do Wins.

May have to find a pair of the Romaleos 2 or Adipowers.

starting strength coach development program
    I think the shoe body is flexible, breaks down, and smell. The heel cups of all the top shoes are really good IMO so I wouldn't perseverate over the one from Rogue.