starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloods Results OK except HbA1C

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but I think it's possible but likely to be a testing error more likely. What was your fasting glucose?
    Fasting around 6-7mmol after carbs around 5.2mmol 2nd test around 5.6mmol within 90minutes lol.....it seems when I have carbs my blood sugar goes down...no carbs/keto stays around 7-6mmol weird ....I'm the opposite of diabetic....I. Need carbs to sustain low glucose levels....

could coristol be culprit?

I'm generally very hormonal person. For example I find it difficult to lose weight with very low calories or low carb diet....as soon as my body senses low calories it just stops fat loss...I know this for a fact experimented with it

Well 6 is significantly different than 7. I think there's more to this. 6 is normal, 7 is not. The error bars of the test itself can't make 7 normal, but 6 is fine.

I don't think a cortisol abnormality is what's going on here, though yes that hormone is involved heavily.

Supplementing Vitamin D3 can help lower your hA1C. Takes a while to build up in your system, but 3000 IU's is a good place to start for a month or so, then getting your blood checked again.

Well 6 is significantly different than 7. I think there's more to this. 6 is normal, 7 is not. The error bars of the test itself can't make 7 normal, but 6 is fine.

I don't think a cortisol abnormality is what's going on here, though yes that hormone is involved heavily.

I personally believe training does magic to your insulin sensitivity. After reading study after study.

I trading very hard. Recently been able to get through 5x5 at 80%(145kg 320lb) in like 12-15minute with minimal rest between sets....and still not blowing then move on to bench etc....my work capacity have been absolutely amazing recently...could this be the fact that I added Hiit?

Overall I do believe I was borderline Diabetic...seem to be rescuing my self with diet and work capacity adjustment.....training+conditioning+Diet= amazing....I definitely believe though that I was diabetic at one point it was good timing and will of God I had a full blood test...before it went out of control.....please Jordan re-emphasise the importance of conditioning(even 1hiit) when you are especially over 20% fat to board members and the biggest misconception that SS WASNT designed for Fat guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by tfranc View Post
    Supplementing Vitamin D3 can help lower your hA1C. Takes a while to build up in your system, but 3000 IU's is a good place to start for a month or so, then getting your blood checked again.
    No it doesn't and additionally, how do you feel comfortable making that statement and recommendation without knowing anything else? Also, the interval for rechecking vitamin D you mentioned is also wrong. I do not understand this board at times.

Quote Originally Posted by tfranc View Post
    Nope ...35 years old male I'm 240(now down to 235) 5'6 well over 25% bodyfat my with waist size over 40inch, genetics also have Asian genetics in me. That it self is a diagnosis for diabetic as Jordan stated in the barbell medicine. My only option is to reverse this is weight loss.

The only thing keeping my glucose stable after eating is my persistent and hard training also strong repping 400lb squat 2xhiit.....

Jordan could you imagine if I was a non trained individual with that profile? Things would be a lot worse my cholesterol would be crazy my hBa1c would probably be 99....I'm I glad for strength training....

No it doesn't and additionally, how do you feel comfortable making that statement and recommendation without knowing anything else? Also, the interval for rechecking vitamin D you mentioned is also wrong. I do not understand this board at times.
    Oh come on Jordan, it is on the internet. It must be true. I was told just the other day that a Mg deficiency is the real cause of heart disease and that is why a daily multivitamin is critical for good health......

Quote Originally Posted by Ice-man View Post
    Nope ...35 years old male I'm 240(now down to 235) 5'6 well over 25% bodyfat my with waist size over 40inch, genetics also have Asian genetics in me. That it self is a diagnosis for diabetic as Jordan stated in the barbell medicine. My only option is to reverse this is weight loss.

The only thing keeping my glucose stable after eating is my persistent and hard training also strong repping 400lb squat 2xhiit.....

Jordan could you imagine if I was a non trained individual with that profile? Things would be a lot worse my cholesterol would be crazy my hBa1c would probably be 99....I'm I glad for strength training....
    Yea I think it would be much worse if you weren't training, but I think you're on the right track. Thanks for the post!

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Oh come on Jordan, it is on the internet. It must be true. I was told just the other day that a Mg deficiency is the real cause of heart disease and that is why a daily multivitamin is critical for good health......
    I assume this was a chiropractor.

I assume this was a chiropractor.
    Good lord, how the hell did you know that? And where the hell did that piece of misinformation come from?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Good lord, how the hell did you know that? And where the hell did that piece of misinformation come from?
    Chiropractors would say this type of bullshittery with a straight face. No idea where it came from, but they are not trained to give this information on any level.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast