starting strength gym

Thread: Simple Carbs PWO are Better: PROVEN

Default Simple Carbs PWO are Better: PROVEN

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I figured the title would trigger you. I'll be a little more modest here.

You've recommended against going high fat PreWO for a couple reasons, one of them being that it slows gastric emptying. But doesn't a high fiber content do the same thing? And if so, would eating a bunch of complex carbs (rice, potatoes, whole wheat bread, etc.) have the same/similar effect that fat does? And IF SO, wouldn't it be the case that simpler, less fibrous carbs would be optimal in terms of "time to bloodstream"?

BOOM. (Oh wait, sorry..modesty: thanks Jordan!)

I don't recommend high fiber per workout or post workout, but a little is fine. Additionally, there are more reasons than just gastric emptying speed as to why I don't like a lot of periworkout fat.

Finally, simple carbs take a long time for gastric emptying too so....boom?

Lmao. Going back to get a science degree is seeming all the more appealing everyday. I've just always heard that simple carbs digest quicker, but maybe "digest" doesn't mean the same as "gastric emptying" here...or maybe what I've always heard is simply a lie (a more plausible alternative).

Ok allow me entertain the minutia a bit further and ask how much fiber is too much fiber, generally?

( I think I've heard your fat recommendation is no more than around 20g preWO, so do you have a similar recommendation for fiber? Since you also recommend lumping 25-30% of ones carbs preWO, and since that could add up to a lot of carbs (125-150 for a 500g carbs/day diet), it seems like it would be easy to go high on the fiber in that meal--but maybe not, depending on what "high" is.)

Thanks.

There's no max fiber limit because gastric emptying time is not something I'm worried about for these meals. In general, I like lower fiber, lower fat meals (10g usually), but that number changes with total macro intkae.