starting strength gym

Thread: Arm pump.

Default Arm pump.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Jordan, caught one of your older FaceBook lives where you expressed your fondness of mx/sx. I don't know if you ride or just like the sport but I do ride and every since I've begun Strength training I feel really good on a bike and agree with you about how pro riders should train. However arm pump is crazy bad, if you ride you know what I'm talking about if you don't then I will explain it like this. Your forearms get engorged with blood until you can't even hold onto the bars and they eventually go numb. My question is, is there anything nutritionaly that can be done or maybe training wise?

Thanks. Love your content and I just submitted the consult questionnaire on your website. Let's get on that huh!! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by RickBolin View Post
    Hey Jordan, caught one of your older FaceBook lives where you expressed your fondness of mx/sx. I don't know if you ride or just like the sport but I do ride and every since I've begun Strength training I feel really good on a bike and agree with you about how pro riders should train. However arm pump is crazy bad, if you ride you know what I'm talking about if you don't then I will explain it like this. Your forearms get engorged with blood until you can't even hold onto the bars and they eventually go numb. My question is, is there anything nutritionaly that can be done or maybe training wise?

Thanks. Love your content and I just submitted the consult questionnaire on your website. Let's get on that huh!! ��
    Yep, I got arm pump fairly often when I was racing- especially when just getting back into it. There's nothing you can do nutritionally to eliminate it and from a training perspective, there's nothing you can do outside of riding more, as this is a sports specific thing.