Thread: Diet approach for HLM?

Default Diet approach for HLM?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Age = 20
    Height = 6ft 5.5
    Body weight = 118.5kg

I'm going to start a HLM template in 2 weeks when I return to college. My LP wasn't as successful as it should have been this summer due to external stressors (work, illness, lack of sleep etc). I'd probably be able to do another 4-6 weeks of LP before switching over, but my workload is going to be big this semester and my recovery resources (mainly sleep and stress of study) wont be optimal so HLM will suit me better due to allowing for better recovery, shorter sessions etc. Basically, I'm an artificial intermediate.

How should I approach my diet and weight gain/loss/recomp? My bodyfat is somewhere between 20-25% and according to your TBAB article, a bodyfat over 20% is not optimal. Should I keep increasing my bodyweight but at a slow rate so as to keep increasing my lifts but not drastically increase my bodyfat? Should I follow something similar to the "Skinny Novice: Measured"?
    Should I start weighing my food and measure my macros? If so, what macros would be the most beneficial?

Thanks

There are too many individual questions in here that I don't really know where to start with you in a non-consult situation.

That said, you're 20, not grossly underweight (but still underweight), still on LP, and have no baseline for your nutrition.

My recommendation would be to slowly gain weight, track your macros, and look at your college experience as a time in your life where you have almost unlimited time to train, because it is. You have to prioritize and this is hard work to do, but college is chill from a time perspective.

Jezus christ.

Even after some time in this community im still baffled about the weight to height ratio's. I just miss the frame of reference, since my time is mostly spend among non lifters and p90x'ers.

Jordan, such recommendations, those based upon experience within the lifting community? As I fully understand that bigger is better is stronger, i just havent got the frame of reference if you will.

Im 5ft 8 (172cm). What would u have me weigh? Currently, after some sicknwss and gastrites stuck at 156lbs (imaginary walk of shame....)

Cheers

185-220 depending on your frame.

Lol. Permabulk it is then.

fuck - if 118kgs at 6'5 is underweight, I am a little bitch at 101kgs at 6'4.

Quote Originally Posted by tweakxc03 View Post
    fuck - if 118kgs at 6'5 is underweight, I am a little bitch at 101kgs at 6'4.
    Well..you said it... lol

Lol true... Wait a minute - Gronk is 6'6, 260... is Gronk underweight?

Quote Originally Posted by tweakxc03 View Post
    Lol true... Wait a minute - Gronk is 6'6, 260... is Gronk underweight?
    If he was a powerlifter or weightlifter, yes.

starting strength coach development program
    From the thread title, I was hoping the question would be "Should I cycle food volume accordingly on H,L & M days?

Or "What are good medium day foods?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast