starting strength gym

Thread: "To Be A Beast" article - modifications for age

Default "To Be A Beast" article - modifications for age

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've read your "To Be A Beast" article a few times. 'Tis good stuff, but I have a question about any modifications that would be suggested by age. How does age affect the guidelines in your article?

FWIW, I'm 71 years old, 6'4" tall, 216 lbs and in my late novice stage of lifting. What I read is that protein utilization for older athletes is not as efficient as that for younger guys, suggesting that adjustments might need to be made in that area. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtabula View Post
    I've read your "To Be A Beast" article a few times. 'Tis good stuff, but I have a question about any modifications that would be suggested by age. How does age affect the guidelines in your article?

FWIW, I'm 71 years old, 6'4" tall, 216 lbs and in my late novice stage of lifting. What I read is that protein utilization for older athletes is not as efficient as that for younger guys, suggesting that adjustments might need to be made in that area. What do you think?
    Eh, my protein rec's are pretty high so I think you're just fine with the rec's as they are.

Do the TBAB recs need any adjustments based on age for overall calories or the macros for carbs and fats?

Quote Originally Posted by eppyg View Post
    Do the TBAB recs need any adjustments based on age for overall calories or the macros for carbs and fats?
    It depends on the person.