starting strength gym

Thread: Effect of Too Few Calories on SSLP

Default Effect of Too Few Calories on SSLP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    When I started SSLP about 7 weeks ago, I was still maintaining a heavy calorie deficit (around 750/day). Since then I have been slowly increasing my calories by about 250 every two weeks.

Have I lost potential gains by not eating enough at the beginning of linear progression? Or is it reasonable to expect that my LP will continue to the same end result just in a longer time? Currently at 2750 cal/day and lifts have been progressing.

Age 46
    6'1" 203lbs

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyJack View Post
    When I started SSLP about 7 weeks ago, I was still maintaining a heavy calorie deficit (around 750/day). Since then I have been slowly increasing my calories by about 250 every two weeks.

Have I lost potential gains by not eating enough at the beginning of linear progression? Or is it reasonable to expect that my LP will continue to the same end result just in a longer time? Currently at 2750 cal/day and lifts have been progressing.

Are you losing weight? You shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Are you losing weight? You shouldn't be.
    Do you mean I should not be losing weight at that calorie intake or that at 203lbs I should be trying harder to gain?

At 2750 cal/day I have been holding at 203 for past 2 weeks. This week I am going to increase to 3000/day.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyJack View Post
    Do you mean I should not be losing weight at that calorie intake or that at 203lbs I should be trying harder to gain?

At 2750 cal/day I have been holding at 203 for past 2 weeks. This week I am going to increase to 3000/day.
    You should be trying harder to gain weight.