starting strength gym

Thread: Your thoughts on the SBD wrist wraps: flexible vs stiff

Default Your thoughts on the SBD wrist wraps: flexible vs stiff

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be using the stiff version of the SBD wrist wraps. Have you tried the flexible ones? What's the difference, and why are you using the stiff ones?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by unruhschuh View Post
    Hi Jordan,

correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be using the stiff version of the SBD wrist wraps. Have you tried the flexible ones? What's the difference, and why are you using the stiff ones?

Tom
    I've only used the flexible ones a few times and the big difference is they're more flexible.....

I wouldn't recommend the stiff ones to people who are not competing.

For what it's worth, I just got the Medium length Flexible wraps and they are beyond sufficiently supportive for the average lifter's heavy pressing. They are far more rigid than, say, the basic Rogue or Harbinger sort of wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I've only used the flexible ones a few times and the big difference is they're more flexible.....
    I was hoping for a more nuanced answer. I'm trying to figure out, if the stiff ones are the real shit and the flexible ones are merely an accessoire for vain gym rats. Similar to the cheap belts you get if you by half a ton of protein powder vs 13mm INZER belts.

My wrists do hurt at times and become a bit unstable under heavy presses. I figured they could use some support.

I was hoping for a more nuanced answer. I'm trying to figure out, if the stiff ones are the real shit and the flexible ones are merely an accessoire for vain gym rats. Similar to the cheap belts you get if you by half a ton of protein powder vs 13mm INZER belts.

My wrists do hurt at times and become a bit unstable under heavy presses. I figured they could use some support.
    The flexible ones are still quite stiff. Austin laughed the first time he got his 1m stiff wraps and was like "how the hell do you use these?"

I've never tried the stiff ones. But the flexible ones can be made as soft or stiff as you want them. The tighter you wrap them, the stiffer they get.

I ended up bying the Inzer Wrist Wrap Z, which should be similar to the flexible SBDs, but cheaper. I've used them once and they are exactly what I needed. The thumb loop being on the same side on both wraps is stupid, but I don't use them, so I don't care.

starting strength coach development program
    I ended up bying the Inzer Wrist Wrap Z, which should be similar to the flexible SBDs, but cheaper. I've used them once and they are exactly what I needed. The thumb loop being on the same side on both wraps is stupid, but I don't use them, so I don't care.
    I would not recommend the Inzer wrist wraps. They are not on the same level quality wise and do not hold up as well.