starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet tracking app

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I wonder if federal grant money could be had to build this apt. Couch it as data collection for a health study...

hope one day we'll have a great app

I've been using MyMacros+ for a few months. I have to custom enter a lot of my food, which is a pain, but it's so much easier to use than MyFitnessPal for tracking precise macros without paying the subscription fee. The interface is also a lot cleaner. A few months ago when I made the switch I tried a bunch of different apps and they all had dealbreakers. MyMacros+ has some other idiosyncrasies such as the fact that it reduces the quantity of everything to 1. That gets screwy if you are talking about something where the serving size is listed as "28 grams" and MM+ changes that to 1 gram. If I go eat that in the future I can't remember what the serving size was. It also doesn't remember your usual quantities the way MFP does. I'll have to try Nutralete.

I've been using MyNetDiary and its related app since 2014. I've been pleased. The bar code scanner on the app makes food entry simple. The database allow you to exclude user created entries. SSOC is recommending MyFitnessPal in hopes of allowing Fitbot to import data. I may switch if I can preserve my data.

Quote Originally Posted by David Clark View Post
    I've been using MyNetDiary and its related app since 2014. I've been pleased. The bar code scanner on the app makes food entry simple. The database allow you to exclude user created entries. SSOC is recommending MyFitnessPal in hopes of allowing Fitbot to import data. I may switch if I can preserve my data.
    It would be nice if FitBot had a useful platform for tracking important training metrics, but unfortunately it isn't and there's no push to make this happen. It does look pretty though.

Hi there, i have never used this type of app.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandKinsley View Post
    Hi there, i have never used this type of app.
    Go on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12