starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Testosterone

Default My Testosterone

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Doc,

Please help me interpret my testosterone results.

Total 506

Free 112

Shgb 15

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivroar View Post
    Doc,

Please help me interpret my testosterone results.

Total 506

Free 112

Shgb 15

Thank you.
    You want a medical consultation? Seems like a hard thing to do from this post....

I'd like to understand what the 112% means and why my shbg is so low. I'm 26 y.o. thanks for any help.

I'd like to understand what the 112% means and why my shbg is so low. I'm 26 y.o. thanks for any help.
    Interestingly, you've left the units and lab specific ranges off this report. I cannot tell you the answer you're looking for without more information and without being your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Interestingly, you've left the units and lab specific ranges off this report. I cannot tell you the answer you're looking for without more information and without being your doctor.
    Testosterone 400-800 if i recall correctly

Testosterone free calculated 20-110%

Shbg 13-86

So my testosterone is below average but my shbg is super low so my free testosterone is off the charts high... What does that mean?

Maybe i should mention that the blood was collected at 10:30 am the day after i hit a new squat pr of 460. So i was feeling at my peak of strength. Or maybe the pr "burned up" some testosterone. I don't know how working out affects testosterone in the short term.

Testosterone 400-800 if i recall correctly

Testosterone free calculated 20-110%

Shbg 13-86

So my testosterone is below average but my shbg is super low so my free testosterone is off the charts high... What does that mean?
    It probably doesn't mean anything or it might mean something. Still, It's not "ZOMG THIS IS SO HIGH WHAT SHALL I DO", especially considering the lab error bar. Your SHBG is also not super low.

The above is for entertainment only and does not constitute medical advice. The OP has failed to catch the hint that posting random lab values with no context, units, previous medical history, or formal relationship with the physician, etc. is in poor form. Yet, he persisted and so an "answer" was rendered.

It probably doesn't mean anything or it might mean something. Still, It's not "ZOMG THIS IS SO HIGH WHAT SHALL I DO", especially considering the lab error bar. Your SHBG is also not super low.

The above is for entertainment only and does not constitute medical advice. The OP has failed to catch the hint that posting random lab values with no context, units, previous medical history, or formal relationship with the physician, etc. is in poor form. Yet, he persisted and so an "answer" was rendered.
    I read that a low shbg can be a sign of obesity or insulin resistance. What could it be a sign of in my case, i.e. non obese lifter.

I guess I'm gonna call up the lab and ask them.

I read that a low shbg can be a sign of obesity or insulin resistance. What could it be a sign of in my case, i.e. non obese lifter.

I guess I'm gonna call up the lab and ask them.
    1) Yours is not low. It's in the reference range.
    2) You already said you're not obese and are therefore low risk for insulin resistance given your demographic.
    3) The lab cannot clinically correlate this unless your doctor works at the lab.

This is one of those times where I wish we were speaking face to face because it'd be much easier to understand what I'm saying. Additionally, I wish people in positions of influence would stop saying things similar to or insinuating that a higher testosterone level is better (within the normal range).

starting strength coach development program
    I wish people in positions of influence would stop saying things similar to or insinuating that a higher testosterone level is better (within the normal range).
    Can you please elaborate on this point Jordan. I ask because my T was at the low end of the normal range, and I just assumed that getting higher would be beneficial. Why isn't it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast