starting strength gym

Thread: Gaining weight for Strength but NOT increasing Abdominal area

Default Gaining weight for Strength but NOT increasing Abdominal area

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Jordan I am a 40 5'8 215 my waist is sitting at 38-39 on any given day. I am training with SSOC and Scott is my coach. I am eating to get strong and help with my LP. Do you have any suggestions on how to continue to eat to recover and get stronger but also keep my Abdominal area under 39 inches. The Air Force requires we stay under 39 or our PT test is a fail.

Thanks
    Sonny

Quote Originally Posted by BayouSonny View Post
    Hey Jordan I am a 40 5'8 215 my waist is sitting at 38-39 on any given day. I am training with SSOC and Scott is my coach. I am eating to get strong and help with my LP. Do you have any suggestions on how to continue to eat to recover and get stronger but also keep my Abdominal area under 39 inches. The Air Force requires we stay under 39 or our PT test is a fail.

Thanks
    Sonny
    Hey Sonny,

Thanks for the message.

So, I do not think your LP would benefit significantly in your context by gaining weight given that you're not underweight and you have some weight to lose. So, I would advise you hit 220g protein per day, 35g fiber, and maintain your weight throughout LP.

Thanks for the Reply. I just finished reading your To Be A Beast. Your answer as well as reading your article helps a lot thanks.

Sonny