starting strength gym

Thread: Macro check

Default Macro check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just wondering if you could take a quick look at my Macros and give me a quick yay or nay. I have a sedentary office job and currently only doing the novice LP. Stats are M/43/6'3"/280 approximately 35% BF. I had been "working out" for the past year and a half, but am currently focused a dedicated to strength gains.

I have my Macros calculated at 275P, 230C, 75F. I've been sort of tracking, but not very closely and decided yesterday that I am going to be strict with this - it's past time.

I would take your protein down to 230g, carbs to 200, and fat is fine. You should lose 40lbs in the next 2 months or so.

Please don't take this as disrespect, but are you serious or being sarcastic? I ask only because the total calories in my original figures seemed low. Will I be able to maintain or even improve strength?

I ask only because the total calories in my original figures seemed low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Diefenderfer View Post
    Please don't take this as disrespect, but are you serious or being sarcastic? I ask only because the total calories in my original figures seemed low. Will I be able to maintain or even improve strength?

You will be able to get stronger, yes, but your weight is very high for an untrained person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Diefenderfer View Post

I think the implication is you need to drop about 40 pounds and with the macros set forth you should be fine running LP and losing weight. Whether that 40 pounds comes off in 2 months or 4 months or 6 months, is probably the larger acceptable variable.

Have fun! This stuff takes time! Enjoy the process and learn every bit you can from it.

starting strength coach development program
    Fair enough. Thanks for the responses Jordan. I will run with your numbers and see where it goes. Thanks for your help!