starting strength gym

Thread: Quest bars still recommended?

Default Quest bars still recommended?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

Do you still recommend Quest bars? I have some travel coming up and these have worked well in the past but haven't bought them in a while.

Thanks,

Balazs

Yea they are fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Yea they are fine by me.
    Is getting fiber from a supplement like this valid in terms of the 35 grams per day recommendation? Or is there any compelling reason to get it from more conventional non processed sources?

Quote Originally Posted by synnfusion View Post
    Is getting fiber from a supplement like this valid in terms of the 35 grams per day recommendation? Or is there any compelling reason to get it from more conventional non processed sources?
    Eh, I think we'd have to flesh out what you mean by "valid" a bit more. I have played around with adding 5g of fiber to folk's fiber requirements if they're doing a quest bar or similar each day, but I don't have enough data where I'd say it's something that should or shouldn't be done.

I like RX bars....mainly because protein source is eggs and a few nuts...with dates. Just taste good. Protein "dose" is not terribly high. Most other bars seem to use soy or pea protein....unless you eat these new meat bars. That would be off the reservation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burnett View Post
    I like RX bars....mainly because protein source is eggs and a few nuts...with dates. Just taste good. Protein "dose" is not terribly high. Most other bars seem to use soy or pea protein....unless you eat these new meat bars. That would be off the reservation for me.
    I've had one of those once after a crossfitter I know sat on it all day. It was.......warm.

I'm a big fan of Oh Yeah! One bars (except for the name). They taste great, but the fibre content is a bit low iirc.

starting strength coach development program
    If we’re gonna get into what’s the best protein bar I feel compelled to chime in coz I’m an addict.

Quest Bars used to be my go-to. I still think they’re OK (depending on the flavour) but there are other bars I much prefer taste / texture wise.

Oh Yeah One bars would be right up there among my favourites. So would MusclePharm Combat Crunch, and Carb Killa bars. All of these use whey/milk proteins if I remember correctly, no soy, and are reasonably high in fibre. Fitjoy bars ain’t bad either - similar to Quest in some ways but a little better IMO.

The nicest _tasting_ Quest bars (I reckon) are their Hero bars - but the macros aren’t as good (higher fat / lower protein) than their regular protein bar range.