starting strength gym

Thread: Looking for some Nuance to a Previous Question

Default Looking for some Nuance to a Previous Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,
    I was reviewing a dialogue you and I had previously (https://startingstrength.com/resourc...ual-check.html) and wanted to get some nuance/clarification on your response of "you could probably stand to lose some weight this year."

The quick and dirty:

Male, 43, 5’11” 250 (this morning 245.4), non-competitive lifter

Squat was at 515 for 1 (not a 1RM) or 460x5
    Pulls 625 for 1 (not a 1RM) or 560x5

Coming back from a quad tear in late April '17. I can still pull 600x1 on any given day, squats are progressing nicely and I anticipate I will be back in the 500 club in about 12 weeks.

The question is: my target body weight. Right now, I am thinking between 230-235 and targeting a loss of about 1-1.5 pounds per week. Is this the range you would like to see me at or would you prefer I lose more? If more, where would you like me to be? All blood work is good.

Thanks again for all you do here. I try to say it every time, but it is truly appreciated. Your knowledge and input sets me on the path.

230-235 seems like a reasonable aim. See how you feel down at 240, reassess and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    230-235 seems like a reasonable aim. See how you feel down at 240, reassess and go from there.
    I appreciate the guidance. I’m at 243 now. Training continues to go well, with no noticeable detriments. We’ll see how the next 3 pounds go.

Thanks again Jordan!

Of course