starting strength gym

Thread: Not being a Manatee

Default Not being a Manatee

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I have decided to try to lose some body fat and attempt to gain a little strength at the same time. I know that this has been beaten to death but am hoping for some input on my situation.

Stats are.....
    36 yo male
    5'7"
    240 lbs
    Waist 44-45" last time I measured
    Current lifts if it matters all conservative 1rms
    Sq 365
    B 265-270 (pretty close to actual 1rm)
    DL 415

I started lifting to be stronger and look better. The looking better part has not happened. When I started lifting I was @ 204lbs body weight and weak as fuck.....now I am 240 lbs and less weak.

Goals are to be 200-195ish in 6 months while getting to at least 440 DL 405 sq and 295-300 bench. I don't think this is an unattainable goal but I don't really know.....

Plan is eat strict-ish 5 days per week and high carb and fat the other 2 days in the week before my heavy lifting days. Looking at doing a 4 day split basically....2 light/volume days and 2 heavy days later in the week around my "cheat" days.

Conditioning will be mostly LISS 3 days per week.

Is this a plan that can work for my stated goals? Or...am I totally off base? My brain says this can work but I don't have any real experience lifting heavyish and losing weight

So I have decided to try to lose some body fat and attempt to gain a little strength at the same time. I know that this has been beaten to death but am hoping for some input on my situation.
    I think most people misunderstand this process. You can definitely get stronger and lose weight at the same time.

Goals are to be 200-195ish in 6 months while getting to at least 440 DL 405 sq and 295-300 bench. I don't think this is an unattainable goal but I don't really know.....
    There's a lot of negatives in that sentence, but yes this is possible.

Plan is eat strict-ish 5 days per week and high carb and fat the other 2 days in the week before my heavy lifting days. Looking at doing a 4 day split basically....2 light/volume days and 2 heavy days later in the week around my "cheat" days.

I would not recommend 2 cheat days a week for this application. I would hit close to the same calories each day.

Conditioning will be mostly LISS 3 days per week.
    I would not recommend going from 0 to 3 conditioning days per week. Start at 1 day per week and increase as you need it.