starting strength gym

Thread: Joint, N-acetylglucosamine and Chondroitin sulfate

Default Joint, N-acetylglucosamine and Chondroitin sulfate

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

My supplements supplier sells a bunch of « health » supplements and I would have a question about the effectiveness of two of them, the N-acetylglucosamine and the chondroitin sulfate.
    On their website (only in French so I think it might not be necessary to link it) they usually explain why this or that supplement is good, what is its effect etc. and strengthen their claims by citing research papers on the topic. How course, this is also part of their business model. Unfortunately, while in science research myself, the medical field is far from my area and I am not sure I would be able to discern good research publications from bad ones in that area. Therefore, I wanted to ask you your opinion on those two supplements.

For example, on N-acetylglucosamine, they wrote that it is capable of speed up cartilage anabolism and therefore joint healing. They also wrote that this type of gucosamine is the one which has the best absorption from ingestion. I am not going to translate all their writings on those two supplements because there is a lot. However, if interested, I can provide the references of the ~100 research articles they cite.

Thanks in advance.

There is no evidence suggesting glucosamine or chondroitin (chelated to sulfur or not) works better than placebo. I would not recommend them.

Thanks for your answer.