starting strength gym

Thread: Day of Contest Nutrition

Default Day of Contest Nutrition

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Robert,

I have a powerlifting competition coming up in a week. To safely make weight I may have to drop 2-3 pounds overnight. I plan on limiting my water intake prior to weigh in and am not too worried about that aspect.

My question is: After I weight in, what are the best foods and liquids to re-hydrate my body and provide energy for the meet without feeling bloated? I was planning on drinking gator aide or similar, and having a couple peanut butter and banana sandwiches. What do you think? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for your time,

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Hi Robert,

I have a powerlifting competition coming up in a week. To safely make weight I may have to drop 2-3 pounds overnight. I plan on limiting my water intake prior to weigh in and am not too worried about that aspect.

My question is: After I weight in, what are the best foods and liquids to re-hydrate my body and provide energy for the meet without feeling bloated? I was planning on drinking gator aide or similar, and having a couple peanut butter and banana sandwiches. What do you think? Any other recommendations?

Thanks for your time,

Marc
    Hi Marc!

Thanks for posting. Easiest thing to do is take in some gatorade or maltodextrin drink with whey protein to get some carbs and protein in your system. Mix that with pedialyte and you'll be golden.