starting strength gym

Thread: App for tracking macros and protein?

Default App for tracking macros and protein?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I’m considering starting to track my macros and protein consumption more closely.

Any recommendations on an iOS app for this?

Quote Originally Posted by over40 View Post
    I’m considering starting to track my macros and protein consumption more closely.

Any recommendations on an iOS app for this?
    I’m partial to MyNetDiary Pro. It works pretty well. Lots of people use MyFitnessPal which is what we use at SSOC. Both are good IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    I’m partial to MyNetDiary Pro. It works pretty well. Lots of people use MyFitnessPal which is what we use at SSOC. Both are good IMO
    I had used this a while back too. Then more recently went to MFP. MFP got a little annoying with all the user input foods that you have to sort through, always loading to the dumb blog screen & requiring a subscription to set macros based on grams.

I went back to MyNetDiary Pro recently. It’s easier to use. No dumb blog screen to go through. You can turn off the user contributed foods. It doesn’t require a subscription to set your macros in grams. It just requires paying the $10, I think, for the pro app.

Quote Originally Posted by MattBraunstein View Post
    I had used this a while back too. Then more recently went to MFP. MFP got a little annoying with all the user input foods that you have to sort through, always loading to the dumb blog screen & requiring a subscription to set macros based on grams.

I went back to MyNetDiary Pro recently. It’s easier to use. No dumb blog screen to go through. You can turn off the user contributed foods. It doesn’t require a subscription to set your macros in grams. It just requires paying the $10, I think, for the pro app.
    Same reasons I like it!

Have you seen the macro calculator at ketogains? I'd be interested to know if you plugged in your information what it would produce and what you would say. Yes, they are biased to ketogenic lifestyle but they are not obnoxious about it and they don't preach low protein.

Ketogains Macros Calculator for Ketosis

starting strength coach development program
    It is possible to track macros through MFP. It’s just not very straight forward but if you go to the bottom of the input diary and click nutrition, then click each individual macro under the macro tab you can adjust the goals. It work fairly well after you get used to it