starting strength gym

Thread: Protein Water ?

Default Protein Water ?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Mr. Santana,

I usually have protein powder mixed with milk in the mornings but I've been on the search for something a little less "shaky"/creamy that I can take during the day...I'm not much of a milk drinker and a lot of the protein powder flavors seem more oriented in the "shaky" direction.

I recently came across a "Protein Infused Water" product and upon further inspection see quite a few of these products available.

Do you have an opinion on these products vs. powder mixed with milk?

I need to push more protein and this seems like a possible avenue but I don't want to use a crap product.

Appreciate any insight that you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Mr. Santana,

I usually have protein powder mixed with milk in the mornings but I've been on the search for something a little less "shaky"/creamy that I can take during the day...I'm not much of a milk drinker and a lot of the protein powder flavors seem more oriented in the "shaky" direction.

I recently came across a "Protein Infused Water" product and upon further inspection see quite a few of these products available.

Do you have an opinion on these products vs. powder mixed with milk?

I need to push more protein and this seems like a possible avenue but I don't want to use a crap product.

Appreciate any insight that you might have.
    Good question Colby!

Have you tried Ultrafiltered milk? FairLife makes it, it is higher in protein and tastes a little better than regular milk. I checked out the protein water and I have no issues with it. The second ingredient on the label is Whey Protein Isolate and it is considered a food, hence the nutrition facts, and not a supplement so the protein content is actually accurate.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

You looked up the specific product called "Protein Water"? I was using the term generically...and there appears to be a boat load of products in this category - as long as they are whey based you are suggesting they should be fine.

It appears to me that these pre-mixed products are just unflavored whey mixed with flavoring and the manufactures have managed to suspend the whey better than I have when I've tried to mix whey powder with orange juice, or crystal light.

Do you (or anyone else reading this) have any suggestions on the best way or things other than milk to mix whey with that doesn't end up with a frothy/gritty/chalky taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

You looked up the specific product called "Protein Water"? I was using the term generically...and there appears to be a boat load of products in this category - as long as they are whey based you are suggesting they should be fine.

It appears to me that these pre-mixed products are just unflavored whey mixed with flavoring and the manufactures have managed to suspend the whey better than I have when I've tried to mix whey powder with orange juice, or crystal light.

Do you (or anyone else reading this) have any suggestions on the best way or things other than milk to mix whey with that doesn't end up with a frothy/gritty/chalky taste?
    Yep there is a product called Protein Water and the ingredients look fine to me. I think the chalky taste comes down to the brand of protein you are purchasing. Some taste better than others so you will have to experiment. A blender will likely work better than a shaker bottle.