starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protein Question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Height and weight?
    Weight is there. 215 lbs. 5'10". And a specific to me answer would be cool, but a general one (not unlike the approx 1 g/lb) would be nice to discuss. Thanks Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Weight is there. 215 lbs. 5'10". And a specific to me answer would be cool, but a general one (not unlike the approx 1 g/lb) would be nice to discuss. Thanks Robert.
    Assuming you aren’t totally ripped at that weight then I’d say ~150-175 is probably good range. Without working with you over a period of time i cannot give you an exact figure but that range should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Assuming you aren’t totally ripped at that weight then I’d say ~150-175 is probably good range. Without working with you over a period of time i cannot give you an exact figure but that range should be fine.
    Thanks Robert. So roughly 0.7g/lb BW of protein should keep LBM loss to a minimum while hiking 8-10 hours a day on trail is what I'm hearing. And no, I've plenty of padding at 225 lbs. The real hope is the body would make use of the stored surplus instead of muscle by preference.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Thanks Robert. So roughly 0.7g/lb BW of protein should keep LBM loss to a minimum while hiking 8-10 hours a day on trail is what I'm hearing. And no, I've plenty of padding at 225 lbs. The real hope is the body would make use of the stored surplus instead of muscle by preference.
    Yeah that should be fine if you are 225 with modest levels of body fat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12