starting strength gym

Thread: nutrition and supplements

Default nutrition and supplements

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    hello guys! im overthinking this too much. my doctor (endocrinologist) is trying to figure out why i have low testosterone and with my blood test i had high creatinine levels (might be from creatine) and i mentioned im taking creatine and that causes that and he said to stop take it forever because it harms liver (he doesnt know anything about this) so right no im thinking what to do. i do however need to check if its working properly. how can i manage to check liver status without creatine if i do have to stop? is it possible to get stronger (1000 club) without creatine?

Quote Originally Posted by stevow7 View Post
    hello guys! im overthinking this too much. my doctor (endocrinologist) is trying to figure out why i have low testosterone and with my blood test i had high creatinine levels (might be from creatine) and i mentioned im taking creatine and that causes that and he said to stop take it forever because it harms liver (he doesnt know anything about this) so right no im thinking what to do. i do however need to check if its working properly. how can i manage to check liver status without creatine if i do have to stop? is it possible to get stronger (1000 club) without creatine?
    This is more of a medical question so I'll do my best here. The logical thing to do is discontinue the supplement, go in and get retested after a few weeks, then consult with another physician who is more well versed on these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    This is more of a medical question so I'll do my best here. The logical thing to do is discontinue the supplement, go in and get retested after a few weeks, then consult with another physician who is more well versed on these matters.
    this is what i did. my nephrologist was concerned about elevated creatinine levels and I told him it was from the creatine. So i stopped for a few weeks got tested, proved a point, and started taking creatine again. Its not the end of the world to stop taking it for a few weeks to get some blood work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    thanks! i was wondering, will i lose too muchstrength and muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by stevow7 View Post
    thanks! i was wondering, will i lose too muchstrength and muscle?
    Well you won't lose muscle but you may feel a drop in performance.