starting strength gym

Thread: Dietary Collagen

Default Dietary Collagen

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey, the paleo/primal communities keep insisting that most people need to incorporate more collagen (glycine especially) into their diets in order to improve joints, skin, sleep quality, wound healing etc. If there's any truth to these claims, adding a collagen supplement sounds worthwhile. But my instincts are telling me they're selling bullshit. Is there enough convincing data to support adding more collagen to my meals?

Male, 30 years old, 5'9" 200 lbs, early intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Sloan View Post
    Hey, the paleo/primal communities keep insisting that most people need to incorporate more collagen (glycine especially) into their diets in order to improve joints, skin, sleep quality, wound healing etc. If there's any truth to these claims, adding a collagen supplement sounds worthwhile. But my instincts are telling me they're selling bullshit. Is there enough convincing data to support adding more collagen to my meals?

Male, 30 years old, 5'9" 200 lbs, early intermediate
    Thanks for posting!

There is some evidence that collagen hydrosylate supplementation May be beneficial for patients with osteoarthritis. Based on the current evidence it appears to stimulates chondrocyte (cells found in cartilage) synthesis of extracellular matrix macromolecules. I located one paper that reported improvements in joint pain it athletes but the problem there is that the joint pain was perceived and 24 weeks elapsed. So not sure I’m sold on this one yet.