• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Robert,

Current stats:

39 yo
    Male
    227lbs
    BF 28% (estimated using Navy calculator)
    Waist 42” at umbilicus
    5’10”

I’ve been training for 14 months now and gained 31lbs in that time, having lost a lot of fat with it.

I ran out LP, switched to early intermediate then injured my back and post that ran LP again; current lifts are:

Squat 150kg
    Bench 80kg
    Press 60kg
    Deadlift 180kg

I’ve reached the point where I’ve been buying new clothes every few months to accommodate the changes in my physique and would now like to lose some of the blubber around my mid-section.

I don’t really track macros (except protein) and would like to know where I should start if possible?

Due to gastric issues I can’t tolerate supplements (whey protein, bcaa’s, pre-workout or creatine) so I have to get everything from real foods which means it can be difficult to hit my protein totals.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie Smuggler View Post
    Hi Robert,

Current stats:

39 yo
    Male
    227lbs
    BF 28% (estimated using Navy calculator)
    Waist 42” at umbilicus
    5’10”

I’ve been training for 14 months now and gained 31lbs in that time, having lost a lot of fat with it.

I ran out LP, switched to early intermediate then injured my back and post that ran LP again; current lifts are:

Squat 150kg
    Bench 80kg
    Press 60kg
    Deadlift 180kg

I’ve reached the point where I’ve been buying new clothes every few months to accommodate the changes in my physique and would now like to lose some of the blubber around my mid-section.

I don’t really track macros (except protein) and would like to know where I should start if possible?

Due to gastric issues I can’t tolerate supplements (whey protein, bcaa’s, pre-workout or creatine) so I have to get everything from real foods which means it can be difficult to hit my protein totals.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    Thanks for posting. How much protein are you consuming on a regular basis? You may just want to try and track for a week to get a better idea of where you're at.

Around 200g as an average.

I'll track this week without changing anything and get back to you, thanks for the reply.

Around 200g as an average.

I'll track this week without changing anything and get back to you, thanks for the reply.
    You are very welcome! Take note of your food choices and note down which foods create more work than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    You are very welcome! Take note of your food choices and note down which foods create more work than others.
    Following and interested. I have very similar stats and would really like to drop about 8-10% body fat.

Hi Robert,

I just wanted to check in to say that I’d basically suffered from the nutritional equivalent of form creep; protein had slipped too low and fat too high.

I’m now getting between 180-230g of protein per day while trying to keep my fat below 100g (versus what seems to have been 130-180g protein with around 150g fat).

Cals have been at 2800-3000 per day with a little fat gain so I’ll probably cut this slightly as there has been some fat gain.

The good news is my lifts are on the way up again with squats at 160kg (5 sets of 3) and deadlift now 170kg for a set of 5.

starting strength coach development program
    Hi Robert,

I just wanted to check in to say that I’d basically suffered from the nutritional equivalent of form creep; protein had slipped too low and fat too high.

I’m now getting between 180-230g of protein per day while trying to keep my fat below 100g (versus what seems to have been 130-180g protein with around 150g fat).

Cals have been at 2800-3000 per day with a little fat gain so I’ll probably cut this slightly as there has been some fat gain.

The good news is my lifts are on the way up again with squats at 160kg (5 sets of 3) and deadlift now 170kg for a set of 5.
    Hey man! Thanks for the update and your approach to the problem is sound. Glad your lifts are going up. Moar deadlifting