starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas and Bloating on 200g/day of protein - any advice?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by industrialplaid View Post
    Very interesting stuff. I've never heard anyone else talk about why grains might be causing the reaction other than "GLUTEN BAD!" which doesn't help when rice, oats, and all the other stuff we're "supposed to eat" does the same thing. Thanks!

I think one of my problems is that I'm naturally very thing (was 6'2" and 145 lbs when I was in my early 20s) so I have to eat a LOT to gain, which means a LOT of gas. Have been trying to find the sweet spot, but it's tough.
    Yes sir! Grains are high in sodium. It’s jot a bad thing just a fact. Sodium causes water retention and carbohydrates facilitate transport of sodium and water so if you eat en entire load of bread it’s no surprise you weigh more and feel bloated. It’s not the gluten, it’s the high sodium intake lol.

Eating a lot is tough homie. Don’t forget about your fruits, dairy, and starchy vegetables too!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    Yes sir! Grains are high in sodium.
    Which grains? I just pulled three bags out of my cupboard and the "Nutrition Facts" panel gives the following information for sodium: Oats (40g)--10mg sodiium, quiinoa (49g)--0g sodium, jasmine rice (50g)--0g sodium. I also picked the first grain that popped into my head other than these and looked it up. Nutritiondata.com has ucooked pearled barley (100g)--9mg sodium.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    Which grains? I just pulled three bags out of my cupboard and the "Nutrition Facts" panel gives the following information for sodium: Oats (40g)--10mg sodiium, quiinoa (49g)--0g sodium, jasmine rice (50g)--0g sodium. I also picked the first grain that popped into my head other than these and looked it up. Nutritiondata.com has ucooked pearled barley (100g)--9mg sodium.
    Breads primarily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12